Get the Help You Need. Call 210-265-6564 Today!
If you are charged with assault, you will face serious penalties, including heavy fines and jail sentences. When so much is on the line, you need the support of a top-rated San Antonio assault lawyer. The Law Office of Jesse Hernandez is available 24/7 to answer your questions.
What Is Assault?
Texas Penal Code §5.22.01 defines assault as when a person intentionally or knowingly:
- Causes bodily harm to another person
- Threatens another person with bodily harm
- Makes physical contact with another person who will regard that contact as offensive or provocative
Penalties for Assault
Assault can take many different forms. Depending on the severity of injuries caused, the prior record of the person charged, and the person who was assaulted, the penalties and classification will change. A general breakdown of what you can expect for each type of charge follows:
- Misdemeanor charges: If minor injuries or the threat of injury occurred, your charges will typically be considered a misdemeanor. The penalties include fines up to $4,000 and 12 months in jail.
- Felony charges: If you have a prior violent crime on your record, assault an officer of the peace, or use a weapon, you may face felony charges. The penalties include a fine of $10,000 and 10 to 20 years in prison.
Whether you are charged with a misdemeanor or felony, these penalties can drastically affect your life. Don’t take these penalties lightly – make sure to secure the help of a top-rated San Antonio criminal defense attorney.
Get Tough, Aggressive, and Strategic Legal Defense
At the Law Office of Jesse Hernandez, we are dedicated to providing you with superior legal support. Fighting assault charges is not a task for any attorney. Our San Antonio assault lawyer has the experience needed to advocate on your behalf.
Call 210-265-6564 now to discuss your case!