Drug Possession Attorney San Antonio
Counsel From A Proven San Antonio Drug Defense Lawyer
Across the country, we have seen states reform their drug possession laws to lessen potential penalties and provide alternate resources for those who may be struggling with addiction. Unfortunately, Texas still considers drug possession a serious offense and even the smallest amounts can result in serious consequences.
At the Law Office Of Jesse Hernandez, Attorney Hernandez is a former public defender who has navigated thousands of cases to the benefit of his accused clients. The individuals and families that come to our firm can rest assured that their case will be capably handled by an aggressive advocate ready to protect the rights and interests of the accused throughout every step of the process.
Elements Of A Drug Possession Charge
Drug possession is sometimes known as a “wobbler” because it can sometimes be considered a misdemeanor and sometimes be considered a felony. The seriousness of these charges depends on several different factors, some of which are documented my arresting officers and others that are determined after the arrest.
Critical factors in determining a drug possession charge can include:
- The type of substance found
- The quantity of the substance found
- The criminal history (if any) of the accused
- Any aggravating factors at the time of arrest
For more specific information about your drug charge and the potential penalties, call our firm today at 210-265-6564.
Perhaps no possession offense is charged as often as marijuana possession. The state of Texas still considers marijuana a dangerous narcotic and provides serious consequences for those convicted of possessing it.
Marijuana possession penalties can include:
- 2 oz or less: maximum of 180 days in jail and $2,000 in fines
- 2 to 4 oz: maximum of one year in jail and $4,000 in fines
- 4 oz to 5 lbs: maximum of two years in jail and $10,000 in fines
- 5 lbs to 50 lbs: maximum of 10 years in prison and $10,000 in fines
- 50 lbs to 2,000 lbs: maximum of 20 years in prison and $10,000 in fines
No matter what the nature of your drug possession charge is, we invite you to contact our firm today. Our experienced legal advocate is ready to assess your options and start pursuing the best possible outcome on your behalf.
Start by requesting a free case evaluation today.