Protect your rights by hiring a Truck Accident Attorney
Being involved in a truck accident in San Antonio, TX, is an extremely scary and overwhelming experience. When this type of situation occurs, there’s not only a chance you will suffer serious property damage, but you will also suffer serious injuries. This is true for everyone in your vehicle.
The fact is the sheer weight and size of big-rig trucks makes them significantly more dangerous than other passenger vehicles. If you ever find yourself in this situation, it’s essential to hire a truck accident attorney in Texas right away.
When hiring a truck accident lawyer, they aren’t all created equal. You need to take some time to find the one that’s best suited for your needs and your case. The absolute worst thing you could do is avoid hiring an attorney altogether; this leaves you at quite a bit of risk for severe penalties and consequences.
Without the help of a San Antonio truck accident lawyer, injured motorists are frequently denied just compensation. At the Law Office of Jesse Hernandez, we understand the challenges that you and your family face — insurance company denials and unpaid bills, as well as the emotional grind of chronic pain. Unlike the insurance company’s claim adjuster, we’re here to help.
Dangers and Causes of Truck Accidents
While some truck accidents are unavoidable (for example, some weather-related accidents), many are the cause of a driver or someone else’s negligence. These reasons include:
- Blind spots,
- Excessively heavy loads,
- Driver fatigue,
- Driver carelessness,
- Highway hypnosis,
- Poor truck maintenance,
- Product liability (lawsuits against companies who manufacture defective vehicles or parts), and
In these cases, you have a personal injury claim and are eligible for medical and financial benefits.
An attorney is going to work on your behalf to help you get the compensation you deserve. Without this legal guidance, you may wind up accepting an offer that isn’t even close to what you deserve. Don’t let this happen; hire a qualified attorney from our law firm to provide you with the representation you need.
Your Rights After a Truck Accident
- File a police report immediately,
- Seek necessary medical treatment and document your injuries (for example, take pictures),
- Exchange insurance company and other contact information with the other driver, and
- Discuss your legal options with an experienced truck accident lawyer.
Remember, most truck accident claims involve a specific claims process. If you do not file a claim with the correct insurance company, you will not receive compensation. Additionally, you typically have only two years to file a lawsuit against the negligent driver. If you do not file a timely lawsuit, you lose all of your rights to compensation.
We are here to help, don’t wait to call us. Give our team as much time as possible to work on your case and help you get the results you want and deserve.
- San Antonio Blood Test Attorney
- San Antonio Breath Test Attorney
- San Antonio Field Sobriety Test Attorney
- San Antonio DMV Attorney
- San Antonio Assault Attorney
- Traffic Safety: The Benefits of Message Boards
- Increase of DWI Accidents During Summer Months
- The Process Of A Criminal Trial
- What To Do After Being Wrongly Arrested
What Am I Owed After a Truck Accident?
- Economic damages: Reimbursement of your accident-related financial losses and expenses. This includes your medical bills, lost wages, vehicle repair or replacement costs, and costs related to attendant care.
- Non-economic damages: Compensation for your pain and suffering, loss of companionship, and loss of enjoyment.
- Punitive damages: Awarded by the court to punish a driver for seriously negligent or reckless behavior. (For example, punitive damages may be available if a truck driver was driving while intoxicated.)
It can be difficult for the average person to calculate their damages — especially while recovering from traumatic injuries. An experienced truck lawyer can help you calculate your damages and ensure that you receive fair compensation in your claim.